Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Fried Chicken and Waffles!!


Hi Guys,

Its been a while...sorry I seem to always get caught up with something in my life and forgot to update you guys with more awesome recipes : ) I promise to give you 2 new recipes in the next few days!!!

Hehe been watching Man VS Food lately and boy, some of the food looks AWESOME!!! I haven't been to the United States before but its definitely on my list of Places to Go hehe what would I give to fly over there right now and indulge in their Hot Buffalo Wings, the super juicy and tender Ribs, Cheesy Steak Sandwiches with hundreds of choices of fillings, and the abundance of weird and exciting food you have to try while you're there!!!

Well enough said about this, its making me drool!!!! hehe well in my years of cooking I have tried and perfected many versions of fried Chicken, after watching Man VS Food, I have decided to make the infamous Fried Chicken and Waffles hehe something I have eaten separately but never together before! I can't remember which episode of Man VS Food it was, but ever since watching it, I couldn't get the idea of Fried Chicken and Waffles out of my mind!! LOL

So here is my own version and recipe:

For the Fried Chicken:
1 kg of chicken wings, seperate the wings at the joint, I kept the little tail part but you can dispose of that if you want
3/4 cups of plain flour
1 tbsp of salt
1-2 tbsp of smoked paprika
1-2 tsp of hot cayenne pepper powder
1 tbsp of dried oregano
1 and a half tbsp of onion salt
extra dried chilli flakes if you like your chicken spicy

Method:
Combine all the dry ingredients and a thick plastic bag (make sure its thick enough or else it will break when you are coating the chicken wings). Throw the chicken wings in the bag and shake until chicken is evenly coated with flour. Deep fry in hot vegetables oil until golden and cooked.

To make the Waffles:
2 eggs
3-4tbsp of sugar
1 cup of self raising flour
1 cup of milk
1/3 cup of potato starch

I got this recipe from my mum, but she uses 1 cup of coconut milk instead to make the waffles and we eat them alone as an after dinner special!! Mmmmmmm.....hehe


Method:
Using an egg beater, beat the egg and sugar until sugar dissolves. Then beat in the flour, milk and potato starch for a few minutes. I use the Breville waffle creation to cook the waffles, adding a little butter to coat the waffle maker before pouring in the mixture. This mix makes about 6-8 waffles depending on the thickness of your waffles!

To serve, place a waffle in the centre of your dish, and top with a few chicken wings, drizzle some maple syrup onto the waffles if you like!!! Enjoy :)

Be looking out for my next post as I will be posting another really awesome recipe....Il give you a hint...it is something that I mention in this post : )

Happy Eating!!
Fat Pom Pom

1 comment: